Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Coffee Break

View of bridge along Rte 28, from Buttermilk Falls, Ulster County, New York
Welcome to my travels. I chose this image for my background and as my lead post for several reasons. As a full time RVer, I'm always found with one or more cameras in hand.  New York's Catskill Mountains are always beautiful, but this year the terrain is undergoing many unexpected changes.

Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene, landed along New York's East Coast in August, quickly followed by Tropical Storm Lee. Three weeks later, the area is still a mess, and will be so for some time to come. The bridge in the photo is gone, washed away by massive erosion caused by the two powerful storms and the unrelenting rains that undermined roadways and even new, temporary bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment